Gah! How is it that an entire week has gone by since my last post? Where have I been? Bad blogger!
The short and boring answer is that I’ve spent the week working and playing catchup from a wonderful weekend.
But at least the long weekend really was glorious: I made it to the Elationists after all. The awesome Annie Bacon hosted her annual All-Participatory Talent Show and it succeeded as it does every year in reminding me that people really are incredibly creative, clever, precious, and funny.1 Then I got to check out “Bottled Up,” a Cardboard Institute of Technology art exhibit curated by my favorite Joel Dean Rockit, another event that made me glad to know so many creative folk. *satisfied sigh*
Internet friends, I highly recommend throwing your own all-participatory talent shows. You’ll be amazed at all of the crazy and oh-wow that your friends pull out of their hats, have up their sleeves.
Talent shows– much like four-square, Harry Potter, and naps– are not just for the kiddies.
Here in the Bay Area we’re back to grey and gloom weather-wise but I was also able to soak up some sun this weekend. I was, of course, SPF covered2 but my own contentment craves sunshine and being out of doors. I’m not sure I could survive real winters anymore and all you non-Californians are about to be super jealous at this. I went on two different hikes through Golden Gate Park Sunday and Monday and did some writing in Shakespeare’s Garden. Everything is already in bloom. The weather was 70 and sunny. Yes, in February. No, I’m never moving.
Went for Vientamese on my way home Monday and saw the most stylish girl. I didn’t want to disturb her while she was eating but she looked a Gustav Klimt model and I’ve recreated her perfect outfit for your viewing pleasure.
- Silk-satin leopard print scarf $695 from net-a-porter.com
- Sheepskin Pillows from Room & Board roomandboard.com
- Womens AE Exploded Gingham Shirt $40 ae.com
- Scotty Plaid Scarf $7.90 from forever21.com
- PRPS Boyfriend Jeans $555 from brownsfashion.com
- Pelle Moda Karena heels $195 $155 from heels.com
- Matthew Williamson Rose print tapestry dress $1,570
- Vintage Tapestry Bag $255 from mysugarland.co.uk
1. Me? I did what I do every year at this event, which is write and read original haikus on a given topic. See, what happens is Annie gives me a topic when I walk in the fete and then I write as many haikus on the topic as I can until my name is called. People seem to like it every year so I keep it up. And I truly do love writing haikus. Which is why that’s my MO on Twitter. Check it out in the sidebar and follow me if you dig.
2. Protect your skin friends.